Monday 30 December 2013

New Year 'Challenges'

It seems that as of late when I do find the time to actually write a post because I'm not being depressive/obsessive/anxious/ (insert whatever bad mood seems appropriate here) phase, that I'm now no longer writing a beauty blog. I know that I always write something linked to my problems and personal journey through my obsession, my confusion, my denial I guess. Which is why I feel that going into 2014 that I should at least redefine what this blog is officially categorized as. This is a personal 'recovery' blog. My so-called personal journey through overcoming my obsessions and I guess you could say illness. Or at least that's how I like to think of it. Because most illnesses CAN be overcome. And that's exactly what I want to do. I'm fed up with  it ruling my life. So I wonder if maybe this year I will actually stop it from controlling and defining who I am. 

I know it's stereotypical so I'm not going to give myself 'New Year's Resolutions' as I feel labeling it that is setting myself up for failure. So let's call them 'challenges' as they seem more realistic in a way. So these are my challenges for the year:


  • To smile about at least one thing everyday. I need to remember life isn't that bad. My life isn't a constant hole of dread. I do have things to be happy about and shouldn't let all the negative things constantly rule it. 
  • To start working towards what I want to achieve. I need to stop procrastinating and moaning how much of  a failure I am. By doing so I know that I will actually move closer to my goal. 
  • Try and overcome my obsessions. This one I know will be the hardest. I know I will probably struggle as I'm not well. I do need help and I have a lot of fears. But if I can overcome some of them then it's a step in the right direction right?
I'm kind of afraid to write anymore as I know that my list is actually pretty endless. So if I write too many down then I will be setting myself up for failure because let's face it, nobody is superhuman.

I guess what I need to remember is that no one else can make these changes but me. So that's exactly what I intend to do. 

I hope.

Emily x

Image not my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment