Thursday 3 January 2013

Smokey and Sultry - the ultimate Cheryl Cole look!

So I was watching a few music videos on Youtube earlier, wasting a bit of valuable time when I should have really been revising! Good student as you can tell! I went through all the latest releases, from Will.I.Am and Britney's Scream and Shout to James Arthur's Impossible. Then on came Cheryl Cole's newest single Ghetto Baby (see bottom of page). Not only quite a good release by the Girls Aloud beauty but something about her video captured my attention. 

You may be thinking was it the staging? Her dancing? Her backing dancers? Okay not gonna lie Tre- Cheryl's latest beau isn't exactly something you wouldn't not look at and you wouldn't be blamed if your eye did casually wander and stare at him. But that wasn't it. In fact, the one thing I couldn't quite stop looking at was Cheryl herself. Now that might not seem unusual, she is stunning. But one thing in particular, her make-up! 

Cheryl has what can only be described as the ultimate smokey and sultry look! Well I think so anyway and something that I would quite like to try myself! I love really making my eyes stand out as I think it's one of the nicest looks! It's something I've done myself (or attempted) thousands of times. But I just think Cheryl is one of those who just looks incredible with the look! Plus I think the added sparkle of the smokey grey eye-shadow adds that extra glam-ness to it! Those of you that know me, know I love a bit of glitter! 

I've been searching for what I think would be the perfect products to recreate Ms Cole's look. So that you can get her ultra glam style too!

First up, this is something you need to have a good base to get the ultimate flawless finish. I'd start with a primer like the 17 Photo Flawless Primer £4.99 from Boots. Primers help your foundation glide on much easier and ensures a smooth base as well as helps keep your skin feeling fresh and not overloaded.  Next you need a good foundation that will brighten and luminate your skin, while still giving a good coverage that isn't too greasy or heavy. A good one for this is the Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! Brightening Foundation £24.50 from Boots (although available from other retailers too). I particularly like this one as it's oil-free so doesn't give that greasy look but yet still gives you a healthy glow. It's got an SPF 25 and gives a medium coverage but still feels incredibly light weight. I know it's a little more on the expensive side but you only need a very small amount to look flawless, plus sometimes it pays for quality!

If you feel you need it you can also dab a very small amount of concealer under your eyes. Just to ensure no dark circles are visable! We might be going for a smokey eye look but not underneath the eyes! The Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer £5.49 from Boots (available from other retailers too) should be all you need to do the trick! Next I'd add a small dusting of powder on the chin, nose and a little across the forehead just to ensure no excessive shininess, I find the Natural Collection Pressed Powder £1.99 from Boots is all you need for this. Plus at that price you can't go wrong really!

Now to get those stunning cheekbones that Cheryl shows off so brilliantly. To help accentuate yours first apply a sweeping of blusher just under the cheekbone in particular. You can help highlight your cheeks more easily by sucking in your cheeks when applying. A nice blusher to try is the FashionistA Mono Blusher £4.00 from Superdrug. Personally I'd choose a shade such as Coral, however for those who are quite pale might favour a lighter more pinky shade such as Glowing. Then to really make your cheekbones stand out add a small amount of a highlighter like L'Oreal Lumi Magique Highlighting Pen £6.49 from Superdrug (available from other retailers too) just above them.

Now on to the eyes them self, first sweep Barry M Black Eyeshadow £4.49 from Boots (plus other retailers) across your lids ensuring all is covered. Then top lightly with 2True Eyeshadow Dazzlers No.6 Glitter Silver 99p from Superdrug to get that oh-so glam smokey eye effect. Next use a kohl eyeliner pencil such as Bourjois Kohl and Contour Noir Expert in Black £4.99 from Boots (and other retailers too) all around the eyes to really draw definition to them. 


To achieve Cheryl's ultimate fluttery lashes use some natural looking lashes such as Eylure Girls Aloud Limited Edition Lashes £6.10 from Boots perfect for getting that glam star look she sports so often. Then fill out with L'Oreal False Lash Telescopic Mascara in Black £7.99 from Boots, something Ms Cole herself endorses! To fulfill the star's dramatic eye finish!




I think it's safe to say you will look just as stunning if not better than Chezza herself if you give this a try! Be good to hear if any of you do! 


Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment